After the twitter chat you are going to practice your creative writing before your assessment next week. Your topic to write a piece of creative writing on is:
Write a different ending to the book "The Outsiders".
After you complete your creative writing piece, you will share with someone in the class and give feedback/forward about their writing. This will happen in our next literacy block.
Before you write your creative writing piece, go through the ideas below for some tips:
The Six Traits of Creative Writing
2. Organization - Organization is the structure of the paper. Is your writing organised into paragraphs?
3. Voice - Voice shows the writer's personality.
4. Fluency - Sentence fluency is the readability of the story. The sentences should flow smoothly from one to the next.
5. Word choice - With good word choice, the writer creates a mental picture for the reader by using words that are specific and accurate.
6. Grammar – Grammar includes spelling, punctuation, capitalization, grammar, and paragraphing.